My daughter does not discriminate by species, her doll house has many animal residents, and we decided they deserved a grass lawn in the attic.
We cut a bunch of medium and light green triangles and stuck them down on a dark green rectangle with the needle felting tool. Flexible glue would have worked just as well I expect. Then we ironed some light fusible interfacing onto the back to make it a little tougher, and trimmed the edges with pinking shears to give it a slightly more grassy feel. For such an easy project I think it came out pretty well, and now the cow has something to eat during the tea parties. And, um, the pigs might have a new toilet. We’ll have to see how that one plays out.